The F. N. Manross Memorial Library is the Forestville branch of the Bristol Public Library.
9:30 am - 10:00 am
12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Find More Events
- Manross Library Closed, Monday, Feb. 9th F.N. Manross Memorial is closed today due to the weather. The Main Library at 5 High Street is open.
- FREE Concert at the Manross Library
- Friends of the Library Holiday Mini-Book Sale Begins December 1st. at Both Bristol Libraries 2014 Holiday Mini Book Sale The Friends of the Bristol Public Library will hold a Holiday Mini-Sale beginning on Monday, December 1st in the lobbies of the Bristol Public Library and the Manross Memorial Library. Nearly new books for readers of all ages, movies and CDs, including many holiday-themed and gift-quality items, will be available ...
- Music for all Ages at Manross Library! Willie Was Different and Other Musical Tales At 2:00 PM on Saturday October 25, the Manross Library will present “Willie Was Different and Other Musical Tales,” a free concert for music lovers of all ages. The heart of the program features four musicians performing a composition based on the children’s story by Norman Rockwell. Music and narration bring ...
- Popular Music of the Gaslight Era @ BPL Gaslight Top 40! (1890-1920) 1:30 PM Thursday August 14 @ BPL & 6:30 PM Thursday August 14 @ Manross Library Pianist John Root will perform a diverse repertoire of musical styles from the turn of the previous century. John sings and plays authentic piano arrangements of songs composed during these three decades as they were originally performed. Everyone ...
The Manross Library was established on December 31, 1949, as the gift of Arthur N. Manross, who donated the former homestead of his father, Frederick N. Manross to the City of Bristol. The house was donated to replace the former home of the Forestville Library when the land it occupied was sold in 1947. The new library site, a two-story structure built in 1899, was dedicated as the F. N. Manross Library. The original building stood at the corner of Central and Garden Streets on what is now the front lawn of the current library building erected in 1975.
The Manross Library is an active neighborhood library offering materials, programs & resources to users in Forestville and the Greater Bristol area. As a community library Manross Library offers Notary Public services and extensive programming for both adults and children. Manross Library has also become a hub for the homeschooling community in the region. Manross library added an elevator in 2012, is ADA compliant, and is accessible for the whole community.
Find the Manross Memorial Library on Facebook