The F. N. Manross Memorial Library is the Forestville branch of the Bristol Public Library.
10:30 am - 11:30 am
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Find More Events
- OneClick Upgrade August 25th Tuesday, August 25, Recorded Books will perform an upgrade to the OneClickdigital service. This update will begin at 11:00 p.m. EST and will last approximately 2 hours. During this time, the service will be unavailable and neither eAudios nor eBooks will be available for search, checkout, hold, or download. Instead, a maintenance notification will appear ...
- Even More Salem Press Resources in Paper & Digital We’re pleased to announce we have added added EVEN MORE NEW RESOURCES to our print and online Salem Press collection — 15 more volumes in the Critical Insights series! These volumes circulate, so you may take them home and read them at your leisure. Digital editions can be accessed 24/7 from our Research & Information page ...
- New Salem Press Resources in Paper & Digital! We’re pleased to announce we have added 20 new resources to our online and print Salem Press collection. If you prefer print, physical editions are shelved in our Reference collection. Digital editions are available 24/7 from our Research & Information page with your valid Bristol library card. What we’ve added: Ancient Creatures Contemporary Biographies: Chemistry Physics Critical Insights: The American Comic Book The American ...
- New Downloadable Magazine Titles Available at the Library! We’ve added several new titles to the downloadable magazines! Download them from anywhere through Zinio & keep them as long as you want! To get started click on the Zinio button on our site, bristollib.com, or go directly to rbdigital.com/bristolct. You MUST have a valid Bristol library card to access Zinio. As of July 1st ...
- Friends of the Library Summer Mini-Book Sales Coming in June! The Friends of the Bristol Public Library will hold a used book mini-sale on Friday, June 5 and Saturday, June 6 in the lower level of the Bristol Public Library, 5 High Street, Bristol. The sale hours are 9:00AM to 4:00PM on Friday and 9:00AM to 1:00PM on Saturday, with an adult fiction half-price sale ...
The Manross Library was established on December 31, 1949, as the gift of Arthur N. Manross, who donated the former homestead of his father, Frederick N. Manross to the City of Bristol. The house was donated to replace the former home of the Forestville Library when the land it occupied was sold in 1947. The new library site, a two-story structure built in 1899, was dedicated as the F. N. Manross Library. The original building stood at the corner of Central and Garden Streets on what is now the front lawn of the current library building erected in 1975.
The Manross Library is an active neighborhood library offering materials, programs & resources to users in Forestville and the Greater Bristol area. As a community library Manross Library offers Notary Public services and extensive programming for both adults and children. Manross Library has also become a hub for the homeschooling community in the region. Manross library added an elevator in 2012, is ADA compliant, and is accessible for the whole community.
Find the Manross Memorial Library on Facebook