The F. N. Manross Memorial Library is the Forestville branch of the Bristol Public Library.
06/5/2015 - 06/30/2015
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Find More Events
- Friends of the Library Summer Mini-Book Sales Coming in June! The Friends of the Bristol Public Library will hold a used book mini-sale on Friday, June 5 and Saturday, June 6 in the lower level of the Bristol Public Library, 5 High Street, Bristol. The sale hours are 9:00AM to 4:00PM on Friday and 9:00AM to 1:00PM on Saturday, with an adult fiction half-price sale ...
- Library Board Meeting Cancelled The Library Board meeting scheduled for Monday, May 4, 2015 is cancelled The next regular meeting is scheduled for Monday, June 1, 2015 at 6:30 PM at the Bristol Public Library. For more information contact the library at (860) 584-7787 x 2000.
- Manross Library Closed, Monday, Feb. 9th F.N. Manross Memorial is closed today due to the weather. The Main Library at 5 High Street is open.
- FREE Concert at the Manross Library
- Friends of the Library Holiday Mini-Book Sale Begins December 1st. at Both Bristol Libraries 2014 Holiday Mini Book Sale The Friends of the Bristol Public Library will hold a Holiday Mini-Sale beginning on Monday, December 1st in the lobbies of the Bristol Public Library and the Manross Memorial Library. Nearly new books for readers of all ages, movies and CDs, including many holiday-themed and gift-quality items, will be available ...
The Manross Library was established on December 31, 1949, as the gift of Arthur N. Manross, who donated the former homestead of his father, Frederick N. Manross to the City of Bristol. The house was donated to replace the former home of the Forestville Library when the land it occupied was sold in 1947. The new library site, a two-story structure built in 1899, was dedicated as the F. N. Manross Library. The original building stood at the corner of Central and Garden Streets on what is now the front lawn of the current library building erected in 1975.
The Manross Library is an active neighborhood library offering materials, programs & resources to users in Forestville and the Greater Bristol area. As a community library Manross Library offers Notary Public services and extensive programming for both adults and children. Manross Library has also become a hub for the homeschooling community in the region. Manross library added an elevator in 2012, is ADA compliant, and is accessible for the whole community.
Find the Manross Memorial Library on Facebook