BPL and Manross Library have added new titles to our Zinio digital magazine collection. The new titles include: Car & Driver; Cloth, Paper, Scissors; Cook’s Illustrated; Eating Well; National Geographic Traveler Interactive, and Sound and Vision.
Bristol Libraries currently have 60 full digital magazine titles through Zinio.
More information about using Zinio digital magazines at the library:
Zinio for Libraries, the world’s largest newsstand, offers full-color digital magazines for anytime, anywhere reading on desktops, mobile devices, and apps. Your library’s collection of popular digital magazines includes both new and backlist titles with no holds, no checkout periods, and no limits.
- Online reading: Instantly read all current and backlist magazines on desktop and mobile browsers.
- Mobile apps: Download and read magazines on 95% of today’s mobile devices, including iOS (Apple®), Android™, and Kindle Fire™/HD/HDX.
- Backlist: Grow your collection and build a digital backlist for anytime checkout and reading.
- Easy browsing and checkout: Browse your library’s collection by newest issue, keyword search, genre and language to find your favorites and to discover new reading interests.
- Two ways to read: Check out magazines and read them instantly on your desktop or mobile browser — or check out and download magazines through mobile apps.
- Helpful notifications: Sign up for weekly email reminders about your favorite magazines.
- No limit and permanent checkout: Check out as many issues as you want and keep them in your account as long as you wish.
Thanks to the continuing generosity of the Samuel J. Goodsell Bequest, we recently added Comics Plus: Library Edition to our pantheon of digital resources. Comics Plus allows you to read over 10,000 digital graphic novels, comic books, and manga on your pc, tablet, smartphone, gaming system, or any web-connected device.
Available genres include fiction, nonfiction, historical fiction, memoir, biographies, classical literature, mystery, horror, fantasy, romance, and, of course, superheroes. New publishers are added all the time, and Comics Plus typically adds at least 100+ new titles every week!
Go to Comics Plus: Library Edition and click on Get Started to activate your account. Check out titles you like and find your checkouts in the My Comics section. A banner on the cover tells you how many days you have left to read the title. When the seven days are completed, the book is automatically returned.
Comics Plus titles cannot be downloaded, but they can be read online. Comics and graphic novels cannot be returned early. You can check out up to 25 titles at a time for a 7-day period.
We’re pleased to announce we have added added EVEN MORE NEW RESOURCES to our print and online Salem Press collection — 15 more volumes in the Critical Insights series! These volumes circulate, so you may take them home and read them at your leisure. Digital editions can be accessed 24/7 from our Research & Information page with your valid Bristol library card.
New Critical Insights volumes added:
- The Awakening
- James Baldwin
- The Bell Jar
- Charles Dickens
- Emily Dickinson
- Fahrenheit 451
- Robert Frost
- Zora Neale Hurston
- I know Why the Caged Bird Sings
- Little Women
- Jack London
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- Sylvia Plath
- Kurt Vonnegut
- Alice Walker
We’re pleased to announce we have added 20 new resources to our online and print Salem Press collection. If you prefer print, physical editions are shelved in our Reference collection. Digital editions are available 24/7 from our Research & Information page with your valid Bristol library card.
What we’ve added:
- The American Comic Book
- The American Dream
- American Road Literature
- The American Thriller
- Crime & Detective Fiction
- LGBTQ Literature
- Magical Realism
- The Slave Narrative
- Virginia Woolf & 20th Century Women Writers
- Critical Survey of Shakespeare’s Sonnets
- Critical Survey of Long Fiction: Novelists with Feminist Themes
- Critical Survey of Long Fiction: Science Fiction Novelists
- Critical Survey of Mythology and Folklore: World Mythology
- Earth Materials & Resources, Volumes 1 & 2
- Earth’s Weather, Water, & Atmosphere, Volumes 1 & 2
Encyclopedia of Environmental Issues, Volumes 1-4
Encyclopedia of Mathematics & Society, Volumes 1-3
We’ve added several new titles to the downloadable magazines! Download them from anywhere through Zinio & keep them as long as you want! To get started click on the Zinio button on our site, bristollib.com
, or go directly to rbdigital.com/bristolct
. You MUST have a valid Bristol library card to access Zinio. As of July 1st available titles include:
|30 Minute Dinners
|American Patchwork & Quilting
|Better Homes & Gardens
|Do It Yourself
|Dr Oz the Good Life
|ESPN the Magazine
|Every Day with Rachael Ray
|Food Network Magazine
|Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
|Martha Stewart Living
|National Geographic interactive
|O, the Oprah Magazine
|Taste of Home
Unfortunately, Rolling Stone and US Weekly have ended their relationship with Zinio. Back issues and any issues you may have added to your personal collection WILL remain accessible to you, but new issues will not appear.