BPL and Manross Library have added new titles to our Zinio digital magazine collection. The new titles include: Car & Driver; Cloth, Paper, Scissors; Cook’s Illustrated; Eating Well; National Geographic Traveler Interactive, and Sound and Vision.
Bristol Libraries currently have 60 full digital magazine titles through Zinio.
More information about using Zinio digital magazines at the library:
Zinio for Libraries, the world’s largest newsstand, offers full-color digital magazines for anytime, anywhere reading on desktops, mobile devices, and apps. Your library’s collection of popular digital magazines includes both new and backlist titles with no holds, no checkout periods, and no limits.
- Online reading: Instantly read all current and backlist magazines on desktop and mobile browsers.
- Mobile apps: Download and read magazines on 95% of today’s mobile devices, including iOS (Apple®), Android™, and Kindle Fire™/HD/HDX.
- Backlist: Grow your collection and build a digital backlist for anytime checkout and reading.
- Easy browsing and checkout: Browse your library’s collection by newest issue, keyword search, genre and language to find your favorites and to discover new reading interests.
- Two ways to read: Check out magazines and read them instantly on your desktop or mobile browser — or check out and download magazines through mobile apps.
- Helpful notifications: Sign up for weekly email reminders about your favorite magazines.
- No limit and permanent checkout: Check out as many issues as you want and keep them in your account as long as you wish.
On Wednesday, August 4, at 1:00 PM, the Bristol Public Library, 5 High Street, will present the award-winning film Eastside Sushi–a Food-centered family drama/comedy about a Latina who aspires to become a Sushi chef. Diana Elizabeth Torres and Yutaka Takeuchi. 2014. PG-13. Light refreshments courtesy of the Friends of the Bristol Public Library. No charge. Please register at BPL or call: (860) 584-7787 x 2023.
“C” is for Cannolis and Coloring on Friday, July 29 @ 1:00 PM. Join us for an afternoon of social time featuring treats to eat, peaceful music and an adventure in coloring. All coloring materials provided or feel free to bring your own! No charge. Please RSVP at the library or by calling: (860) 584-7787 x 2023. Bristol Public Library, 5 High Street, Bristol, CT. Adults 18+ only.
Calling all Trek fans! On Thursday, July 21 @ 6:30 PM, Bristol Public Library, 5 High Street, @ 6:30 PM. presents Beam Me Up! 50 Years of Star Trek with Clive Young– a fast-paced multimedia program celebrating Star Trek from 1966 to the present day. Designed for both new and old fans alike, the program explores Roddenberry’s inspirations for the characters, stories and settings in the original series, and follows the backstage drama behind its many incarnations over the years. Finally, the program examines the legacy of the Star Trek franchise today and its on-going impact on pop culture.Using video and PowerPoint, the program features thrilling action, amusing trivia, and much more! No Charge. Please RSVP @ BPL or call: (860) 584-7787 x 2023. Sponsored by the Friends of Bristol Public Library.