2016 Holiday Mini-Sale
The Friends of the Bristol Public Library will hold a Holiday Mini-Sale from Monday, November 28 to Wednesday, December 28 in the lobbies of the Bristol Public Library and the Manross Memorial Library. Items will be available for purchase whenever the libraries are open.
The sale features nearly-new, gift-quality books for readers of all ages, a large selection of children’s picture books, movies, CDs, and other holiday-themed items. New items will be added frequently throughout the run of the sale.
This annual event allows shoppers to stock up on reasonably priced winter reading material and holiday gifts, and the proceeds will help the Friends fund reading programs and other activities at both Bristol libraries.
Join us for a picnic-themed get-together complete with live music! Sean and Deirdre Murtha, the duo which is Strange Potatoes, will present a concert that is sure to please. From lively rhythms to plaintive melodies, from touching ballads to infectious sing-alongs, the duo is known for singing rich harmonies and playing a wide range of instruments, including fiddle, banjo, guitar, harmonica, autoharp, mandolin, dulcimer, and a variety of percussive instruments. Free. Please call 860-584-7790 or stop by the circulation desk to register.
BPL and Manross Library have added new titles to our Zinio digital magazine collection. The new titles include: Car & Driver; Cloth, Paper, Scissors; Cook’s Illustrated; Eating Well; National Geographic Traveler Interactive, and Sound and Vision.
Bristol Libraries currently have 60 full digital magazine titles through Zinio.
More information about using Zinio digital magazines at the library:
Zinio for Libraries, the world’s largest newsstand, offers full-color digital magazines for anytime, anywhere reading on desktops, mobile devices, and apps. Your library’s collection of popular digital magazines includes both new and backlist titles with no holds, no checkout periods, and no limits.
- Online reading: Instantly read all current and backlist magazines on desktop and mobile browsers.
- Mobile apps: Download and read magazines on 95% of today’s mobile devices, including iOS (Apple®), Android™, and Kindle Fire™/HD/HDX.
- Backlist: Grow your collection and build a digital backlist for anytime checkout and reading.
- Easy browsing and checkout: Browse your library’s collection by newest issue, keyword search, genre and language to find your favorites and to discover new reading interests.
- Two ways to read: Check out magazines and read them instantly on your desktop or mobile browser — or check out and download magazines through mobile apps.
- Helpful notifications: Sign up for weekly email reminders about your favorite magazines.
- No limit and permanent checkout: Check out as many issues as you want and keep them in your account as long as you wish.