Join us on May 5th at 6:00 PM for an evening which empowers women and men to take control of their breast health by learning the latest advances in Breast Cancer Screening, Breast Cancer Risk Assessment, and Genetic Testing, hosted by breast surgeon, Dr. Sai Varanasi, of Beekley Center for Breast Health and Wellness at Bristol Hospital. Dr. Varanasi discusses the new 3-D Mammogram at Bristol Hospital, breast cancer, signs and symptoms, and current breast cancer treatments. Learn ways to reduce and manage breast cancer risks. A question and answer session follows to help dispel myths about breast cancer and provide clear information about breast health. Bristol Public Library, 5 High Street, Bristol, CT. No Charge. Please RSVP @ Bristol Public Library or call: (860) 584-7787 x 2023. Light refreshments.
All attendees receive a chance to win free massage session from a professional massage therapist!
The Friends of the Bristol Public Library 2016 Annual Book Sale Schedule:
Wednesday, February 24 3:00 PM to 7:00 PM ($5.00 Preview Night admission)
Thursday, February 25 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM (No admission fee)
Friday, February 26 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM (No admission fee)
Saturday, February 27 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM (No admission Fee)
Sunday, February 28 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM ($5.00 Bag Sale)
The sale includes thousands of gently used hard & soft cover books, audio books, movies & CDs, fiction & non-fiction, vintage items & collectibles.
The book sale is held in the lower level meeting rooms and Bristol Public Library, 5 High Street, Bristol, CT. All proceeds benefit the Friends of the Bristol Public Library.
Appointment sign-up for 2016 AARP Foundation Tax-Aide begins Monday, December 28, 2015.
AARP Foundation Tax-Aide appointments are available free to taxpayers with low and moderate income, with special attention to those 60 and older, at Bristol Public Library, starting February 9th. Tax Aide appointments will be available Tuesdays, 9:00 AM–1:00 PM, February 9–April 12, 2016 by appointment only. Appointments may be made by calling: (860) 584-7787 x 2000. Walk-ins will be directed to make an appointment.
Items you need to bring when you visit an AARP Foundation Tax-Aide site for volunteers to help you prepare your tax return(s):
- Last year’s tax return(s)
- Social Security cards or other official documentation for yourself and all your dependents
- Photo I.D. required for all taxpayers.
- Checkbook if you want to direct deposit any refund(s).
- W-2 from each employer
- Unemployment compensation statements
- SSA-1099 form showing the total Social Security benefits paid to you for the year, or Form RRB-1099, Tier 1 Railroad Retirement benefits
- 1099 forms reporting interest (1099-INT), dividends (1099-DIV), proceeds from sales (1099-B), as well as documentation showing the original purchase price of your sold assets
- 1099-R form if you received a pension, annuity, or IRA distribution
- 1099-Misc forms
- Information about other forms of Income
- State or local income tax refund
All forms and canceled checks indicating federal and state income tax paid (including quarterly estimated tax payments)
Most taxpayers have a choice of taking either a standard deduction or itemizing their deductions. If you have a substantial amount of deductions, you may want to itemize. You will need to bring the following information:
- 1098 form showing any home mortgage interest
- 1098-T and 1098-E forms (Tuition and Student Loan Interest payments)
- A list of medical/dental expenses (including doctor and hospital bills and medical insurance premiums), prescription medicines, costs of assisted living services, and bills for home improvements such as ramps and railings for people with disabilities
- Summary of contributions to charity
- Receipts or canceled checks for all quarterly or other paid tax
- Property Tax bills and proof of payment
- Form 1095A if you purchased through Marketplace (Exchange)
- Any exemption correspondence from the Marketplace (if applicable)
- Dependent care provider information (name, employer ID, or Social Security number)
- 1099 forms related to continuing education and related receipts and cancelled checks