Bristol Public Library and its branch, F.N. Manross Memorial, will be closed Thursday, July 4, in observance of Independence Day. The Library and its branch will resume normal hours on Friday, July 5.
While we’re closed, you may still drop off items in our book drops or use the library catalogs to place holds, check your library card, or renew items. The libraries’ databases will also remain accessible with your valid Bristol library card while we’re closed. These resources can be accessed through our website bristollib.com.
iCONN, the state-wide database system accessible to all Connecticut library card holders, is migrating from Cengage Gale resources to EBSCO on July 1.
This change will affect the results you get from searches using the “Find Articles” search box as well as searches in other iCONN resources that provide access to articles. Previously unavailable magazine subscriptions, such as Consumer Reports, Scientific American and Time, will become available.
This change will not affect access to any of iCONN’s ProQuest newspapers, or HeritageQuest, or iCONN’s collection of downloadable audio books.
Bristol Public Library and its branch, F.N. Manross Memorial, will be closed on Saturdays, from June 29 through August 31. The Library and its branch will resume normal Saturday hours on September 7.
♦ This Saturday, June 22, is the last Saturday we will be open until September 7 ♦
Main Library Summer Hours
Monday – Thursday: 8:30 – 8
Friday: 8:30 – 5
Closed Saturday & Sunday
F.N. Manross Memorial Summer Hours
Monday – Thursday: 10 – 8
Friday: 9 – 5
Closed Saturday & Sunday
The City will begin replacing all computers at Bristol Main on June 20 (F.N. Manross Memorial beginning June 19), so computers will not be available to you. We do not know how long this process will take, but we will let you know as soon as the new computers are ready.
The computer lab at Bristol Main will also be closed. We apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this will cause you. Questions? Please call the Reference Desk at 860-584-7787 x2017.
WiFi remains available at both libraries.
We’re pleased to announce we have added eighteen new resources to our online and print Salem Press collection. If you prefer print, physical editions are shelved in our Reference collection. Digital editions are available 24/7 from our Research & Information page with your valid Bristol library card.
What we’ve added:
Salem Press Health
- Addictions and Substance Abuse
Salem Press History
- Defining Documents in American History: Exploration and Colonial America (1492-1755)
- Defining Documents in American History: The American Revolution (1754-1805)
- Great Lives from History: Scientists and Science
- The 2000s in America
Salem Press Literature
- Critical Insights: Contemporary Speculative Fiction
- Critical Insights: Dystopia
- Critical Insights: Good and Evil
- Critical Insights: Grapes of Wrath
- Critical Insights: Jane Austen
- Critical Insights: Langston Hughes
- Critical Insights: Orwell
- Critical Insights: The Inferno
- Critical Survey of Mythology and Folklore: Love, Sexuality, and Desire
- Critical Surveys: Graphic Novels: Independents & Underground Classics
- Critical Surveys: Manga
- Masterplots, Fourth Edition
Salem Press Science