Internet Basics I-IV: 1/11, 1/25, 2/1 & 2/8 @ 10 AM
Encore (library catalog): 1/21 @ 6:00 PM & 2/22 @ 10 AM
Zinio (digital magazines): 1/28 @ 6:00 PM & 2/29 @ 10:00 AM
OneClickDigital (Ebooks & audio books): 2/4 @ 6 PM
Social Media: 2/18 @ 6 PM
Facebook: 2/25 @ 6 PM
No Charge. For information, or to register, please call: (860) 584-7787 x 2030
Appointment sign-up for 2016 AARP Foundation Tax-Aide begins Monday, December 28, 2015.
AARP Foundation Tax-Aide appointments are available free to taxpayers with low and moderate income, with special attention to those 60 and older, at Bristol Public Library, starting February 9th. Tax Aide appointments will be available Tuesdays, 9:00 AM–1:00 PM, February 9–April 12, 2016 by appointment only. Appointments may be made by calling: (860) 584-7787 x 2000. Walk-ins will be directed to make an appointment.
Items you need to bring when you visit an AARP Foundation Tax-Aide site for volunteers to help you prepare your tax return(s):
- Last year’s tax return(s)
- Social Security cards or other official documentation for yourself and all your dependents
- Photo I.D. required for all taxpayers.
- Checkbook if you want to direct deposit any refund(s).
- W-2 from each employer
- Unemployment compensation statements
- SSA-1099 form showing the total Social Security benefits paid to you for the year, or Form RRB-1099, Tier 1 Railroad Retirement benefits
- 1099 forms reporting interest (1099-INT), dividends (1099-DIV), proceeds from sales (1099-B), as well as documentation showing the original purchase price of your sold assets
- 1099-R form if you received a pension, annuity, or IRA distribution
- 1099-Misc forms
- Information about other forms of Income
- State or local income tax refund
All forms and canceled checks indicating federal and state income tax paid (including quarterly estimated tax payments)
Most taxpayers have a choice of taking either a standard deduction or itemizing their deductions. If you have a substantial amount of deductions, you may want to itemize. You will need to bring the following information:
- 1098 form showing any home mortgage interest
- 1098-T and 1098-E forms (Tuition and Student Loan Interest payments)
- A list of medical/dental expenses (including doctor and hospital bills and medical insurance premiums), prescription medicines, costs of assisted living services, and bills for home improvements such as ramps and railings for people with disabilities
- Summary of contributions to charity
- Receipts or canceled checks for all quarterly or other paid tax
- Property Tax bills and proof of payment
- Form 1095A if you purchased through Marketplace (Exchange)
- Any exemption correspondence from the Marketplace (if applicable)
- Dependent care provider information (name, employer ID, or Social Security number)
- 1099 forms related to continuing education and related receipts and cancelled checks
The following classes will be offered in the Computer Lab beginning in November:
Publisher I, II, III (November 2, 9, 16 @ 10 AM)
Internet I [Searching] & II [Email] (November 12 & 19 @ 6 PM)
Computers 101 (November 23, December 14, 21 & 28 @ 10 AM)
No Charge. Please Register. For more information or to register, please contact the Computer Lab Manager @ (860) 584-7787 x 2030 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The super popular BPL Minecraft Club is back this fall! Mr. Soper & Ms. Mennone are once again guiding club members through non-violent & cooperative adventures in order to complete mining tasks & quest objectives! There will be two five-week sessions this fall (October 7 – November 4 & November 18 – December 16). Registration begins September 29 (September 30th for those who participated this summer). To see what the club has been up to so far, check out: www.bplminecraftclub.blogspot.com.
For more information or to register visit the library or call:(860) 584-7787 x 2021.
The Bristol Public Library & the Manross Memorial Library will be closed Saturday May 24, Sunday May, 25 & Monday May 26, 2014 in observance of Memorial Day. The Bristol Public Library will re-open on Tuesday, May 27 at 8:30 AM and the Manross Memorial Library will re-open Tuesday, May 27 at 10:00 AM.