You asked, and we listened. The Bristol Public Library will shortly be opening a Café area on the second floor! Soon patrons will be able to sit and enjoy their beverages before picking out the latest beach read or printing this year’s vacation itinerary. We all enjoy a cold drink with our favorite book—now you can too.
The Café is currently under construction. Check back in person or online to learn more about its unveiling!
Our popular Coffee House Concert Series will continue this Winter at Bristol Public Library with monthly musical performances to keep your winter bright!. This winter there will be Saturday and Sunday matinee performances as well as the Holiday Coffee House.
Wednesday, November 8 @ 6:30 PM–Too Human (Jazz & Blues, American Songbook)
Thursday, December 14 @ 1:00 PM–Holiday Coffee House: Joy to the World (Holiday tunes from around the world w/ Judy Handler & Paul Levesque. Snow Date: December 19th.
Sunday, January 14 @ 2:00 PM–Lost Acres String Band (Old & new fiddle tunes, blues, swing, & originals). Snow Date: January 28th.
Saturday, February 10 @ 1:00 PM–Ellen Woloshin (Pop Torch-songs from great songwriters of the past). Snow Date: February 17th.
No charge. Alcohol & Smoke-free environment. Light refreshments courtesy of the Friends of the Bristol Public Library.
RSVP online, in person, or by calling: 860-584-7787 x 2023.
For lovers of fantastic books and fervent discussions, Book Bites will meet four times over the summer. Copies of the chosen titles can be picked up at the Circulation Desk.
The schedule is as follows:
- Wednesday, June 21st @ 1:00 PM
The Other Einstein by Heather Terrell.
- Wednesday, July 19th @1:00 PM
The Book That Matters Most by Ann Hood.
- Wednesday, August 16th @ 1:00 PM
Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult.
*Includes special live video discussion with the author!
Like your books without the talk? Join our read-in on National Hot Fudge Sundae Day and enjoy the soft sounds of page turning and ice-cream slurping. July 25th @ 1:00 PM. Free!
Please visit online, in person, or call 860-584-7787 ext 2023 to register.
If you’re ready to take an active role in your summer fun, consider these programs geared towards artists and performers!
Fans of our coloring program can rest easy—there’s a full summer line-up of relaxing artistry in your future! Coloring Club for adults will meet on June 10th, July 14th, and August 11th, all at 1:00 PM.
Are you more arts & gaffes than arts & crafts? At 6:30 PM on August 1st, put your lack of talent to the test for Bad Art Night. May the worst artist win!
Please visit online, in person, or call 860-584-7787 ext. 2023 to register.
BPL and Manross Library have added new titles to our Zinio digital magazine collection. The new titles include: Car & Driver; Cloth, Paper, Scissors; Cook’s Illustrated; Eating Well; National Geographic Traveler Interactive, and Sound and Vision.
Bristol Libraries currently have 60 full digital magazine titles through Zinio.
More information about using Zinio digital magazines at the library:
Zinio for Libraries, the world’s largest newsstand, offers full-color digital magazines for anytime, anywhere reading on desktops, mobile devices, and apps. Your library’s collection of popular digital magazines includes both new and backlist titles with no holds, no checkout periods, and no limits.
- Online reading: Instantly read all current and backlist magazines on desktop and mobile browsers.
- Mobile apps: Download and read magazines on 95% of today’s mobile devices, including iOS (Apple®), Android™, and Kindle Fire™/HD/HDX.
- Backlist: Grow your collection and build a digital backlist for anytime checkout and reading.
- Easy browsing and checkout: Browse your library’s collection by newest issue, keyword search, genre and language to find your favorites and to discover new reading interests.
- Two ways to read: Check out magazines and read them instantly on your desktop or mobile browser — or check out and download magazines through mobile apps.
- Helpful notifications: Sign up for weekly email reminders about your favorite magazines.
- No limit and permanent checkout: Check out as many issues as you want and keep them in your account as long as you wish.